I am an honest-to-goodness believer in projecting. As in putting things out to “The Universe”. Apparently when you want something to happen, you’re supposed to make it real in some way — write it down, or maybe tell someone. Well, I’m doing both :: I’m writing it in the blog, and therefore telling every who reads it!
This is my list of places I would like to shoot a wedding. Remember, I have a camera and a passport, and I will go anywhere — so if you know of anyone tying the knot in any of these places, send ’em my way. If you do, I will be your friend forever. Promise.
THE LIST ::
1. Newfoundland :: The smaller the town, the better.
2. Thailand :: Marj, I’m looking at you! : )
3. Tofino, British Columbia :: Or any coastal city/town in B.C. Especially here.
4. A cottage community outside of Toronto :: Intimate, family-oriented, laid-back
5. Prince Edward Island :: This province holds a very special place in my heart (as does the entire East Coast for that matter). BOOKED!
6. New Orleans :: The culture, the food, the life!
7. Tobermory, ON :: You can’t beat that crystal blue water.
8. Italy :: Anywhere in Italy. Absolutely anywhere.
9. France :: I can hardly imagine how amazing this would be. Paris, the South…sigh.
10. New York, NY :: Isn’t this on everyone’s wish list?
11. Your backyard :: Because as a little girl I watched Father of the Bride over and over, and their wedding was in their backyard. Bonus points if you have Frank + Howard as your wedding coordinators! BOOKED (Minus Frank + Howard)
12. Vegas :: I don’t have to elaborate on this one, do I? : )
13. Salt Spring Island, British Columbia :: I know I kind of covered this in #3, but sometimes it helps to be specific!
14. Scotland and/or Ireland :: With a name like “Tara McMullen”, it seems only right.
15. Japan :: Traditions, colours, love. Need I say more?
16. Muskoka, ON :: Classy + cottage = one great wedding.
17. India :: The colours, the culture…imagine it…
18. In a vineyard in any city, and any country.
19. The Ice Hotel in Quebec :: could it be any more Canadian than amour over ice?
20. Somewhere completely private, tucked away in the middle of nowhere – just the two of you + me. The perfect elopement.
I will update when I book any (all!) of these places one-by-one.
This is a shot from an awesome e-session with Colleen + Jacob in Prince Edward Island last summer. Magic!